Text

Hate it - Comment // Like it - Share it (I don't moderate the comments unless your an ass!)

Sunday, November 29, 2015

I'm what's wrong with the Middle Class!

I work 90 hours a week in the oil fields of West Texas. Literally 90 hours a week and I can barely make ends meet for me and my family. Isn't that just ridiculous in this society? I make rich people richer and barely see my wife and kids during my two week on hitches.

And if I don't get my 90hrs I can't afford my bills and put myself deeper in debt. It's not easy work either. We have no scheduled breaks 12-15 hours a day on most wells. God forbid we take a vacation day. When we do we get paid 8 hours straight time. Every day of vacation I take costs me several hundred dollars in pay. My employer even schedules my 14 day hitches to start on Tuesdays just to get out of paying one day of overtime (my hitch ends on Monday).

Everyone around me is right wing and can't be made to understand that they continually vote against their own self interests. Sly politicians have convinced them to vote for non issues instead of something that could actually help them. They keep the middle class poor and make the poor absolutely destitute and somehow have convinced people it's the poor people's fault.

It's not the poor people's fault. It's just not. You idiots want to cry and whine about welfare recipients. They are not getting your money. Corporate welfare is not paying their share. The rich are dodging their taxes so you have to pay more and more and more. You cry about welfare cheats when very few exist. You cry about drug testing that actually costs more then it saves. You call these people lazy and tell them to get a job, but at the same time you are against giving them a living wage.



Wake the Fuck up! There was a time in this country when hard work got you somewhere. Now all it does is line the pockets of the rich! My grand parents bought a nice home and raised 6 kid's on one 40hr a week income. Stop letting them steal the American dream and making us their bitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment